Let’s be honest, I have never heard about such thing as leftover Halloween candy, but after reading from various friends that were left with bags of candy, here are a few ideas and even cool recipes that may make you glad that you do have some yummy treats leftover.
- Halloween Candy Buy Back: Bring any leftover candy to your local dentist office and they will send your candy to Operation Gratitude or other Military Support Groups. Operation Gratitude sends the candy to U.S. Military deployed in harm’s way. What a great way to Patriotic.
- Toss some in pancake or muffin batter for chocolate chip surprise. Yummy!
- Save it for Thanksgiving and Christmas. With round-the-clock family and neighbors wishing you well for the holidays, what is a great way to say Happy Holidays with a goodie bag of delicious treats.
- Donate it! What a great way to keep someone smiling if you drop off your leftover candy to shelters. Who doesn’t love a delicious treat?
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle it over some strawberries … mmm, what a delicious treat.
- Attending a school function? Put a basket of goodies together and give to the teachers for them to distribute accordingly to the kids. What a great way to become popular with the teachers and even the kids!
… and that’s my Cup of Tea!